Queensland Support Services & Solutions (QSSS) was developed in July 2009 and launched in January 2010 to provide:
- In-home quality support services to people with physical disabilities; and
- Consultancy services, training, auditing and brokerage to community and service providers and other organisations/agencies.
The managing director Louise Lowe has over 30 years experience working in disability, community services within the non-profit and private sectors. Louise has her own personal experience with disability having used a wheelchair for 49 years.
QSSS applies an affirmative action culture and practice to the organisation, where employment is provided or facilitated for people who have the personal experience of disability. We are also commited to promoting self-determination of people who have a disability, where people have choices and as much control of their service delivery as they wish to have. Our services are transparent, flexible and negotiable.
Our Mission Statement
To be responsive to service needs that promote independence and social wellbeing for individuals with disabilities and including the aged.
We aim to remain innovative, informed and proactive in identifying the needs of our target group and to do ‘whatever it takes’ to meet those needs.
Queensland Support Services & Solutions holds the following values:
- Valuing people and upholding person-centred approaches;
- Promoting personal responsibility and self-determination;
- Building organisational capacity; and
- Working hard to create a culture across the board where quality services exist for people who require support.
Surprisingly the transition [to QSSS] was not only straight forward but life changing [...] l would highly recommend QSSS to any potential clients or staff — (male client with quadriplegia).
For more check out our client testimonials page.
Check out our FaceBook page.