Consulting services and training offered by QSSS can be tailored or adapted to suit organisation/agencies’ needs and requirements conducted on site or externally.
QSSS is an approved “Your Life, Your Choice” service provider
Starting in 2012 Department of Communities—Disability Services have introduced a model of funding called Your Life, Your Choice (YLYC) which is a self directed model. Self-directed support is a funding approach that enables people with disability and their families to have greater choice and control over the disability services they receive. It is a key part of preparing Queenslanders for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Depending on what type of funding you currently have, you may be able to transfer to a Your Life, Your Choice model.
QSSS is an approved Host Provider for YLYC.
For more information, please refer to
or contact your local Disability Services Office.
Queensland Support Services & Solutions offers high quality personal support and services for clients who receive funding to live and participate within the community.
This will involve working directly with the client and/or the client’s family/representative in assessing what support or services are required and how they will be delivered.
Services may include:
- Conducting a comprehensive assessment of needs/supports
- Recruiting, selecting, training and supporting staff
- Coordinating and arranging individual support services; in-home support; home help; community access; independent living & skill development
- Developing individual support plans or contracts
- Service brokerage
- Providing information, resources & referrals
- Facilitating transitional accommodation (e.g. from Spinal Unit or family home) to the person’s own dwelling
QSSS is based in Brisbane and also has a division based on the Sunshine Coast.
- Developing/reviewing policies and procedures
- Developing/conducting evaluations and surveys e.g. clients, management committees, staff
- Organisational development e.g. training, facilitation, action plans
- Providing information & developing resources
- Governance development & assistance (management committees, boards)
- Conducting research; project work
- Mediation (e.g. staffing issues)
- Service brokerage
Training offered by QSSS can be tailored or adapted to suit organisation’s/agencies needs and requirements and conducted on-site or externally.
Training courses, seminars or workshops may include the following topics:
- Induction for Service Providers (2 days, can be tailored to suit)
- Social justice/principles; Advocacy; Self Determination
- Empowerment, rights & responsibilities
- Discrimination; Cultural Diversity
- Planning and assessment for services & individuals
- Legislation & ethical considerations (health & disability)
- Governance training for management committees/boards
- Duty of care; Workplace health & safety Issues
- Training for volunteers of disability services